Sr Linux Hadoop Admin - Greenplum or Cassandra admin will be part of Infrastructure Services team. This team is responsible for building and deploying large scale Hadoop infrastructure that are highly available, performing, cost effective and sustainable. Works closely with the application teams and project manager as programs are developed. Support the environment 24x7x365.In this role, you will:
• Build, deploy (Greenplum or Cassandra) and Hadoop server environments
• Ensure continuous availability of (Greenplum or Cassandra) and Hadoop server environments
• Automating and innovating new ways to manage the environment
• Advise development team on clustering, indexing and other performance tuning issues.
• Monitor deployments for capacity and performance.
• Solve production problems when needed 24x7
• Develop and document best practices.
Company: Horizon Consulting Inc
Requirements: • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• Minimum 8 years of experience working with large distributed database systems.
• 3+ years of experience in Hadoop, Greenplum and Cassandra
• Ability to write and maintain Linux shell/python/Ruby scripts.
• Experience with automation (Chef/puppet)
• Expert knowledge in Linux system administration
• Experience promoting code to production systems
• Strong team player with excellent written and verbal skills
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Effective team building and problem solving abilities
Experience: 8 yrs